Skip to main content

Natural Awakenings Boston

Enter Carbon Pricing Awareness Raffle for Chance to Win a Tesla

To raise awareness for Carbon Pricing as a solution to our urgent climate crisis, Climate XChange is raffling off six amazing prizes on July 4, at the Tesla Raffle Fourth of July Bash from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., at Old West Church, in Boston. There will be live music, drinks, food and games.

The grand prize is a Tesla Model S Sedan or Model X SUV valued at $120,000, plus the $40,000 federal income tax is paid. Two additional prizes are help with purchasing an early Tesla Model 3, with a reservation, deposit, cash and a federal income tax payment. Three additional cash prizes will be awarded. Only 2,500 tickets will be sold.

Proceeds from the fundraiser will go directly to the carbon pricing awareness campaign. In the 2017-18 session, two bills are being supported by a coalition of labor, businesses and grass root groups with more than 40 percent of the state legislators as cosponsors. The House bill is being championed by Chairwoman Jen Benson. Her bill spends 20 percent of the revenue on transportation, community resiliency and low income heating programs through a green infrastructure fund. The other 80 percent is rebated to households and businesses.

The senate bill is championed by Chairman Michael Barrett. The bill is almost the same as last session, is 100 percent revenue neutral and rebates the funds back to households and businesses.

“We stand committed to making Massachusetts a leader on climate action and refuse to stand idly by as progress gets derailed by the current administration,” says Michael Green, executive director of Climate XChange. “With lack of climate leadership in DC, we know all eyes are on states to drive the conversation.”

Cost: Free to attend July 4 Bash/$250 per raffle ticket. To purchase, visit CarbonRaffle.org. Location: Old West Church, 131 Cambridge St., Boston. RSVP at bit.ly/2tm7uAz.