Natural Awakenings Welcomes Your Participation!
Articles featured in Natural Awakenings address a number of natural living topics to help readers attain a healthier, more sustainable lifestyle. Readers trust our content because it is educational, balanced and engaging.
Our collective mission with this free monthly magazine is to educate readers about the latest in natural living and green living. (Our mind/body/spirit-oriented audience is profiled at MarketLohas.com).
Each month, we share pertinent global news and interviews with national experts. We also spotlight local people, exploring their natural healthy living activities and businesses. We welcome ideas for stories as well as local article submissions, some of which may qualify for one of our departments:
Conscious Eating, Fit Body, Green Living, Healing Ways, Natural Pet, Healthy Kids, and Creative Expression.
What we want
- We focus on hope, healing, practical tips and benefits. Every reader wants to know how they can personally use and benefit from this information in their life journey.
- Attribute all medical or health claims and scientific study results; cite credible, authoritative sources. List additional resources in an italicized end note.
What we won’t publish
- Depressing lists of symptoms and technical details of treatment.
- Extended, first-person (me/I/my) accounts of life journeys.
- Marketing or sales copy heavy on blatant self-promotion.
Your original work will also most likely be edited
to fit Natural Awakenings’ style guidelines, and we reserve that right. Additionally, we recommend that you thoroughly consider our Submission Guidelines.