Testimonies Needed to Protect Holistic Health in Massachusetts
Jul 31, 2019 11:19PM
S665/H3660 is a safe harbor bill that will protect unlicensed alternative health practitioners in Massachusetts from charges of practicing medicine without a license.
The bill (more info at hfama.org) is in the Public Health Committee now and is scheduled for a hearing this fall. Personal and professional written testimonies are needed to let legislators know just how important it is to protect unlicensed holistic practitioners in Massachusetts. It takes 10 minutes or less to write to your legislator.
Keep your testimony to one page— less than 500 words—and a wide variety of stories is needed:
• Testimonials about your successful use of alternative medicine and why that is important to you, including the specific modalities you use
• Success stories about your clients, names redacted
• Testimony about preserving cultural traditions in healing through alternative medicine including diverse teachings and age-old wisdom
• Need to protect unlicensed holistic practitioners practicing a non-harmful healing modality so we can continue to enjoy health freedom in the state
Please include with each testimony:
• Name (residents of any state may submit testimony)
• Professional affiliation, if applicable
• Street address, town/city, state and zip code
• Telephone number and email address
• Your request for the support of S665/ H3660
Email your testimony to [email protected] OfChange.org today and let us know if you would like to be notified of the date to give oral testimony.