Mindfulness: A Two Part Series
Learn how to incorporate mindfulness into your daily life
Mindfulness for Self-Care and Stress Reduction
Come to this two-part introductory series to:
● Develop an ability to pay non-judgmental awareness to the present moment, as well as experience a diversity of skills and practices to aid in this skill
● See the relevance and necessity for mindfulness (in its varied expressions), particularly as it relates to reducing stress and taking care of one’s self
● Through mindfulness practice, and integrating practices from the “Tree of contemplative practices”, learn to foster calm, better concentration, and more openness.
● Learn how to be kinder to ourselves and others, more confident, and less judgmental.
● Reflect on how to integrate mindfulness into our daily and weekly rituals.
Matthew Carriker is the Protestant Chaplain at Brandeis University and the founder of the Agape Spiritual Society. Matthew is a meditator, poet and musician.
Vivekanand Pandey Vimal is a postdoctoral fellow in the Ashton Graybiel Spatial Orientation Lab at Brandeis University. In this series, Vivekanand will bring a science orientation to mindfulness, both in terms of its efficacy and in terms of using science to become more mindful.
Date & Time
Weekly on Thursday
Feb 13, 2020 through Feb 27, 2020
7:15PM - 8:45PM
Waltham Public Library Waltham Public Library 735 Main St Waltham 02451 MA US https://www.naturalawakeningsboston.com/businesses/ma-waltham-waltham-public-library