Dec 02, 2018 07:16PM
By Peter Howe
We now live in a World Wide Web of electromagnetic frequency (EMF) or microwave radiation. The explosion of wireless technology within one generation has been dramatic and created many benefits such as convenience and connectivity, but at what price? Like climate change, EMF is a complicated issue that affects every living thing on earth. It is our new silent spring alarm that needs to be addressed.
The safety of wireless technology was never tested before being brought to market. The FCC and EPA had no knowledge or expertise regarding EMF and presumed it was safe because it doesn’t produce heat the way ionizing radiation does. Current guidelines are 20 years old and still don’t take into account biological effects.
In the meantime, thousands of worldwide scientific studies conclude that even short term exposure to non-ionizing radiation or (EMFs) produced by cell phones, cordless phones, computers, smart appliances, smart utility meters and all wireless devices is detrimental to health.
Our bodies are electric beings that react to electricity. They did not evolve with micro-radiation which damages cell to cell electron signaling. Since radiation cannot be seen, heard or felt, it is easy to deny its effects unless an individual becomes electro-hypersensitive (EHS). It is estimated that 30 to 40 percent of the population are EHS. Some of the first warning signs are headaches, insomnia, brain fog, nausea, unexplained pains, attention deficit disorder, hyperactivity and irritability.
The danger of cumulative EMF exposure is now recognized by the World Health Organization, National Institute of Health, National Toxicology Program, and International Institute of Cancer, as brain cancer (glioblastoma), colon cancer, and neurological diseases such as Lou Gehrig’s, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s, dementia and Alzheimer’s are all on the rise.
Before 1984, only the military used microwave radiation. There were no safety regulations—headaches, nausea, rashes and other symptoms were referred to simply as “microwave sickness”. In 1985, 900 cell towers existed across the U.S.; now there are more than 215,000. The imminent shift from 4G to 5G is monumental, requiring thousands of smaller antennas in close proximity to our homes, offices and entire neighborhoods, and is already in use in some areas.
What is 5G? (Fifth Generation) The Internet of Things
Frequency bandwidths being used by cell phones are maxing out, yet even more is required for self-driving cars, and instant connection to our homes, schools, offices and open spaces. Networks are expanding to support at least 100 billion devices and will be 10 to 100 times faster than our current 4G. It’s worth at least $7 trillion to Telecom Industries. Corporate lobbyists, lawyers and public relations are powerful and skilled at protecting corporate rights and profits—not the consumer or right to know.
To protect yourself from EMFs, follow the safety precautions below:
• Keep cell phones away from the body, especially the head
• Use airplane mode when not in use, especially when sleeping • Use air tube earbuds • Unplug Wi-Fi router at night and whenever not needed
• Consider hardwiring your computer
• Limit use of all wireless devices
• Opt out of smart utility meter or use shielding
• Obtain gaussmeters to read EMF exposures or hire a building biologist to mitigate them, especially in the bedroom
Excellent resources to learn more about the Electromagnetic Field and its effects are:
• The movie Generation Zapped reviews the history, science and dangers of wireless technology. Available online.
• WirelessEducation.org is a comprehensive up-to-date resource for how to make informed choices and how to reduce EMF exposure. Provides courses, excellent interviews with leading scientists and doctors.
• In Massachusetts, CeCe Doucette, technology safety educator of WirelessEducation.org, can be reached at [email protected].
• Visit Electricsense.com for The Dangers of 5G and 11 Reasons to be Concerned. This site offers thorough research articles and product recommendations for protection.
• To understand the technical aspects of 5G, please watch the YouTube Everything You Need to Know About 5G.
• Watch Jeremy Johnson’s TED talk on EMF danger.